If you happen to notice the same sale being tracked multiple times from the same referring affiliate, this could be caused by a customer inadvertently refreshing the order confirmation page.
We have a feature that will prevent the tracking of the same sale from a customer that has been referred by an affiliate.
Follow the directions below.
1. Login to your admin control panel.
2. Go to Referral Programs -> Manage Referral Programs
3. Click to Edit your desired program.
4. Scroll down and click "Show Advanced settings"
5. Where it says "Minutes to wait before accepting a sale from the same IP", you can out a time period to wait. For example, you could put 10 minutes as shown below.
Once you make the change described above, if a customer clicks on your affiliate link and then makes a purchase, if they happen to refresh the sales thank you page within the time period you specify, the sale will not be tracked again.